Tuesday, May 20, 2014

MARK PRYOR STATEMENT ON PRIMARY ELECTION NIGHT

MARK PRYOR STATEMENT ON PRIMARY ELECTION NIGHT

LITTLE ROCK — This evening, Sen. Mark Pryor released the following statement marking the start of the general election campaign for Arkansas’ U.S. Senate seat:
“I’m humbled by the support we’re already seeing from every corner of our state, and I look forward to a spirited campaign about who voters can trust to put Arkansas first.
“Arkansans know I’ll always be a senator who listens, someone who works with Republicans and Democrats to solve problems and get things done. To me, and to most Arkansans, that’s the responsible thing to do. It’s why I’ve been a voice for keeping our promises to seniors, veterans and students, and why I’ll run this race on my record in contrast with my opponent’s.
“Congressman Cotton wasn’t listening to Arkansans when he voted to make seniors wait until they’re 70 for Medicare and Social Security; he wasn’t acting responsibly when he opposed the Violence Against Women Act, affordable student loans and disaster relief.
“The Washington groups and out-of-state billionaires are spending a fortune to elect Tom Cotton, who has consistently carried their water instead of listening to Arkansans. Congressman Cotton’s ambition is no excuse for voting against Arkansas seniors, students, farmers and families. The people of this state deserve better.
“We’re going to win this one for the state we love, and I’ll keep fighting to make sure that Arkansas always comes first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment